Sunday, March 11, 2012

Living Intentionally: Running the Race for the Eternal Prize



1 Corinthians 9:24-27


Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 


Philippians 3:12-14


Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. 


The premise into living intentionally has inspired to me to author a book designed for young adults. I have personally seen countless young adults drift away from the purpose-driven life. I propose that four questions must be answered to live with intentionality. 


1. Why am I here? identify your mission, calling, vision
2. Who am I? discover your God-given talent, strengths, potential
3. Where to Shine? discover your optimal conditions to unleash your talent
4. With Whom? cultivate authentic relationships with whom you will most be impacted and influenced as a leader. 


I hope you will act upon inspiring the current Millennial generation in answering these four questions. Will you join me in this movement? 

No comments: